Monday, November 26, 2007

Wonder Woman, 2007, ink with digital color.

I submitted this design for the Wonder Woman Wardrobe War at Project Rooftop. True to form, I learned of the contest only a day or two before the deadline.

A few comments on the design: As always, I favor minimal detail. I'm fond of Diana's various white phases and white works for an ambassador of peace. In contrast, the crested headgear's a nod to Diana's martial roots. I imagine this costume in a League line-up and I think it manages to both blend (align in simplicity) and pop.

I'm excited to see the other entries! Fun!

Wonder Woman created by William Moulton Marston. Wonder Woman, the distinctive likeness thereof, and related elements are trademarks of DC Comics.

6 comments:

  1. SO glad you entered! I was a late entry enterer, as well.

    I love her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, man. It was nice to quickly catch and release the image, if that makes any sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic design, Jon. I just saw all the entries over on PR. Wow, what a line up...but in my mind yours stands out (maybe because it's also now my desktop wallpaper).

    I like that you took the white outfit as your starting off point. Beyond that I just love the way you draw. Glad you made it in.

    j.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, J, for the general and particular compliments. I'm flattered you like my Diana design. I think I like it well enough that I'm gonna try drawing it a few more times.

    Joel recently discussed the notion of Your Own Personal Batman and that aligns with my own notions of personal myth. You might say this image is a reflection of My Own Personal Wonder Woman.

    I'm flattered also you see fit to use this as a desktop image! Lemme know if you think you might use it for a while ... I'd be happy to render it in desktop dimensions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I like her too...be sure and share the few more times with us.

    ReplyDelete