Thursday, January 31, 2008

Red Sonja, 2003, graphite with digital color and effects.

Red Sonja's a potent icon ... but is she a potent character? She does seem to flourish within a breezy style of story (which is how I'd describe the old Roy Thomas tales). I then suspect that she isn't intended for close inspection. What sayest thou?

Red Sonja created by Roy Thomas and Barry Windsor-Smith, inspired by the work of Robert E. Howard. Red Sonja, the distinctive likeness thereof, and related elements are trademarks of Red Sonja LLC.

6 comments:

  1. Great solid fun Designs all around on your blog! I remember checking out your website some time ago, Did not know you had a blog. Be checking back!
    -JC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like what you see, Justin. I think your own stuff's pretty swell, too. I hope eventually to get my hands on your Brandstudio book. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete