Monday, April 23, 2012

093. Captain Codskale

fishy fashion final
Captain Codskale, 2012, ink.

Allow me to reintroduce Captain Codskale, a Mon Calamari free trader in a Star Wars tabletop game I ran monthly for a handful of friends. As outlined in a prior post, I felt the good captain needed some headgear and so I solicited opinions from you, my dear readers.

You can see I didn't go with the second, most popular, option. Admittedly it's the funniest of the three but it muddies the silhouette; the hat appendages compete with the face tendrils. The third option (starfish) hints at historical costume in a way I like but the first one (clam) ultimately looks the most Star Wars-y to me.

In any case, Nic Cowan, your response to the prior post amused me most, so shoot me an email message with your mailing address. The original drawing pictured above is yours!

STAR WARS™ and related properties are trademarks and/or copyrights, in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates.

1 comment:

  1. d'oh... i somehow missed the boat. oh well, i still love your work! cheers!

    ReplyDelete